QSR Automations has an immediate opening for an exceptionally driven and highly accountable, results oriented individual for the role of Senior Software Engineer.
Reporting to the Manager of Software Development, the Senior Software Engineer is responsible for designing and developing data infrastructure, processes and analytics capabilities.
- Work in an agile software development environment to ensure the quality of architecture, design and implementation of data product features and capabilities, including frontend and backend applications for QSR business intelligence/analytics solutions.
- Work with architecture team, design, build and refine data and analytics infrastructures. Improve our analytics capabilities with faster, more reliable data pipelines, and better tools, including real-time and batch data pipelines.
- Mentor team on technologies, development techniques and best practices.
- Assist in the troubleshooting of issues and defects and deploy timely fixes.
- Work with data analyst, engineer teams to find new ways to leverage the data.
- Learn cutting edge data processing and data analytics concepts and technologies and apply them to work.
Required Skills and Traits:
- 2+ years of web development experience with modern web technologies/frameworks and concepts: one of Viejas/Angular/React, etc; SASS/LESS; webpack, HTML/CSS; frontend debugging. Experience with responsive design, typescript is highly desirable.
- 2+ years of microservice architecture experience.
- Working knowledge of C# and .NET Core framework.
- Experience with software engineering best practices and agile development.
- Good communication skills and dynamic team player, good mentor.
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Good understanding of modern data platform and data analytics concepts and solutions.
- Passion for technology and data analytics
Desired Skills and Traits:
- Experience with big data ecosystems (Kafka, Spark, Kinesis, Flink, Storm, Druid, Hadoop, Snowflake, etc)
- Experience with data platform solutions and business intelligence big data architectures: data modeling, streaming data processing, data warehouse design and implementation, ETL process design and implementation, etc.
- Experience in real-time analytics applications.
- Experience with Scala, Java or Python programming languages.
- Experience developing and managing data warehouses/ columnar data stores (Redshift, etc.). Experience with data stores on a terabyte or petabyte scale.
- Experience in implementing machine learning pipelines.
- Experience with responsive design, typescript.